Every day your medical office fills dozens, if not hundreds of patient appointments. Even if you are generally regarded as a walk-in office, chances are you are still scheduling regular check-ups and follow-up visits.
Appointments in the medical office are so important because they are your client's only resource for using your services. Without proper scheduling, your clinic will quickly become a chaotic, unorganized mess. This raises stress not only for your staff, but your clientele as well.
How to Effectively Scheduling and Manage Patient Appointments
Here are 5 tips on how to keep your medical appointments organized:
- Offer your patients time-slot options when scheduling the appointment.
- If the appointment was made in person, give your patient a reminder card.
- If the appointment was made well in advance, send reminders via mail or email near the appointment date.
- Consider making phone calls to confirm the day before or day of the appointment.
- Upgrade any manual appointment books to browser-based software.
With online scheduling you can better organize your patient appointment schedules, send appointment reminders, and notify your patients automatically of schedule changes.
Find out how to make your medical office more efficient.