Veteran startup entrepreneur Bob La Loggia has been championing innovation and new business models for more than 20 years.
Bob founded his first startup, a groundbreaking fitness planning and tracking system, in 1993. He later served as Associate Director of JDA Software, then CTO of GlobeXPharma, an early effort to create an alternative pharmaceutical distribution network.
Under his leadership, AppointmentPlus, which he founded in 2001, has grown from a small startup to a company with over 70 employees. The company has appeared on the Phoenix Business Journal's Top 10 Arizona Software Companies list and has twice been listed one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in Arizona by CareerBuilder.
As the CEO and founder of AppointmentPlus with over 20 years of software development experience, he has created an environment where fresh and creative ideas can thrive. Arizona's business community has recognized his efforts with numerous awards, including:
- 2013 Tech Titan Phoenix Business Journal
- 2012 Business Person of the Year — Arizona Technology Council Ed Denison Award
When he’s not working at Appointment-Plus, Bob is an active leader in Arizona’s startup community. He sits on the Entrepreneurship Advisory Board of Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business, serves on the board and as a mentor at SeedSpot, and is a member of Social Venture Partners. He is also an angel investor for both the Arizona Technology Investors Forum and the Desert Angels.
Bob graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Arizona with a bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems. He earned his MBA from the University of Phoenix.
Learn more about AppointmentPlus.
Read Bob's blog:
Read more about Bob:
Videos featuring Bob:
1. AppointmentPlus CEO Bob La Loggia Is The 2012 Ed Denison Business Leader of the Year
2. AZ Tech Beat Presents Bob LaLoggia, CEO, AppointmentPlus
3. AppointmentPlus Oliver Talk: Simon Sinek Book Review
4. Startup Grind Phoenix Presents: An Evening with Bob La Loggia (October 14, 2014)
2014 Interview: Entrepreneur Conversations with Christine Monaghan
Videos by Bob:
3 Creative Ways to Reduce No-Shows
Penned by Bob:
- 5 Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 2 – Fun With Fundraising
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 3 – Your Most Important Strategic Move
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 4 – The Most Critical Trait of an Entrepreneur
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 5 – Are You Thinking Too Small?
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 6 – Change or Die
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 7 – Don't Be Like a Turtle
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur Part 8 – Your Competitors Are Not Your Enemies
- How Much Freedom Should You Give Employees?
- Finding Freedom in Delegation
- What is an API and Why Should I Care?
- A 6-Step Learning Strategy to Ensure Your Success
- Is Training Really That Important?
- Hot Summer Nights and Cool Scheduling Software Features
- Internal Systems, Yawn, Can Make or Break Your Organization
- 3 Ways to Promote Your Business During the “Slow” Times